- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in English studies/Englisch/Anglistik or in comparative literature (literary and cultural studies, literary history, literary theory, methodologies) is required, or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60 credit points in English studies. In Germany - as in the United States and Great Britain - English studies are understood to focus on literary and cultural studies. If your previous BA program is specialized in linguistics, translation, or didactics, you do not meet the academic requirements.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With Grade B to C.
Specification: With Grade A.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please note that an application cannot be considered unless uni-assist has received all the required documentation within the prescribed period.
The following documents must be attached to an application:
- Officially authenticated copies of educational certificates obtained so far, including the secondary school leaving certificate together with marks received and, if applicable, university entrance examination documentation, evidence of study areas and grades obtained in previous studies including an explanation of the given grading system, graduation certificate and, if applicable, diploma supplement.
- Enrolment certificate, if you are a student at another German or European higher education institution at the time you apply for a place at Humboldt, or certificate of exmatriculation (Exmatrikulationsbescheinigung) specifying the areas of study and number of semesters if you have previously studied at another higher education institution in Germany.
- German translations of all certificates (exception: documents in English) as officially authenticated copies.
- Evidence of German language skills (see language requirements) and/or English, French, Spanish proof, etc. as officially authenticated copies - if applicable for the chosen subject.
- CV starting with the beginning of school education up till now.
- A photocopy of your passport or identity card (for applicants from the EU).
- The self-assessment sheet is required for some Masters (available as a pdf file on the uni-assist application portal). For every master, the entry and language requirements have to be taken into account.
For more information please check theCourse Website