English (Teaching post in high schools)
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Prerequisites for access to the master's degree for teaching at secondary schools (gymnasium teaching qualification) are:
- Proof of a qualified bachelor's degree.
- A combination of subjects in the bachelor's degree that entitles the student to study.
- At least 60 credit points and 35 credit points each in the school subjects the professionalization area "educational sciences" with content relevant to school (eg educational science and educational psychology, sociology or philosophy).
- Proof of successful completion of school internships in the scope of at least six weeks.
Graduates of a Bachelor's degree program according to No. 1) who have not acquired 60 or 35 credit points according to No. 3) can be granted admission on the condition that the remaining credit points are earned during the Master’s degree. This admission is usually only granted if the standard period of study is not exceeded despite the additional credit points to be acquired, ie that no more than 15 CP are missing.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Application form for the online procedure.
- Supplement to the application form.
- University entrance qualification, e.g. Abitur certificate (simple copy).
- University degree certificate (e.g. B.A.). Certified copies of external graduates. Copies of EUF graduates).
- Transcript of records/credit point account/grade account (simple copy). It is imperative that the lines listed in the above-mentioned Admission requirements stated explicitly from the transcript. If this is not the case, a formal certificate from the examination office of the completed course must also be enclosed.
- Proof of sufficient German language skills (applicants without a German university entrance qualification or a degree in a German-language course) in accordance with the study qualification statutes.
- Current certificate of study or Exma from the most recently attended German university (only external applicants).
- Optional: addressed and prepaid envelope (A4 or A5, not cardboard) for the return of the application documents in the event of non-consideration in the selection process.
For more information please check theCourse Website