- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in social sciences or a related field such as politics, law, sociology, economics, cultural sciences, etc. The undergraduate degree should include subjects within the areas of:
- Research Methods, and
Minimum standard period of studies: 3 years.
The applicant should also prove at least 15 CP in statistics or social science methods. If no more than a total of 5 CP is missing, the applicant takes part in the selection process.
The applicant is expected to have completed the bachelor's degree as one of the best third of his or her class.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Min. Grade C; min. score on Cambridge English Scale: 180.
Specification: Speaking: min. 180 points; Writing: min. 180 points; Listening: min. 490 points; Reading: min. 455 points.
Specification: Min. score on Cambridge English Scale: 180.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- The application form completely filled in and duly signed.
- A certified copy of the final degree certificate of your studies (undergraduate degree) and of the translation made by an officially recognized translator into German or English language.
- Certified copies of the transcripts or other academic records that give proof of your undergraduate studies including credits and grades achieved in every single subject and of the translations made by an officially recognized translator into German or English.
- Certified copy of high school diploma or similar and, if necessary, translation made by an officially recognized translator into the German or English language.
- The original copy of the English language certificate. Only if your previous study program was entirely taught in English, you can ask for an exemption from this rule.
- Please include a Curriculum Vitae showing complete education from the start of primary school until today including professional experience, voluntary social and/or political activities, etc.
- Please also include a motivation letter (1 - 1.5 pages).
For more information please check theCourse Website