Functional Safety Engineering
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics, or mechatronics course.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
If the applicant does not have the prerequisites for admission to the master's program, the examination board can grant the admission on condition that the missing modules will be successfully completed with a maximum of 30 credits from the following list by the time the master's thesis is registered:
- Project at the Department of Computer Architecture and System Programming: 8 credits.
- Seminar at the Department of Computer Architecture and System Programming: 4 credits.
- Computer Architecture: 6 credits.
- Microprocessor technology and Embedded Systems I: 6 credits.
- System Programming: 6 credits.
By completing the additional modules, the study time can be extended by one semester.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Listening: 400; Reading: 385.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please make sure to add the following documents to your application:
- The school certificate that entitles you to study at a university in your home country.
- Applicants from China, Mongolia or Vietnam have to provide an APS certificate.
- The degree of your current university.
- Transcript of records including the grades of your prior and/or current studies at a university.
- Certificates of English language skills (see language requirements).
- Please make sure to hand in two sets of your documents at uni-assist: 1st authenticated copies in the original language, 2nd authenticated copies in a translated version (German or English). Please make sure to not hand in original documents since they will not be returned to you.
Uploaded documents at uni-assist will not be taken into consideration until the complete application set is send via postal mail.
For more information please check theCourse Website