- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in geophysics/oceanography, or in another mathematical/physical degree where a minimum of 90 ECTS credit points coincides with the curriculum of the B.Sc. Geophysik/Ozeanographie of the Faculty for Mathematics, Informatics, and Natural Sciences of the University of Hamburg. Of the aforementioned 90 ECTS credit points, a minimum of 45 ECTS credit points must be acquired in mathematics and/or physics.
Furthermore, a minimum of 6 ECTS credit points in computer programming is required.
If you have not received your degree certificate yet, you can submit this by the end of the first semester of your master’s program.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please submit a PDF containing all documents per mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For documents not issued in English or German, an electronic copy of a certified English or German translation is required.
- Your online application.
- Degree certificate or provisional transcript of records. If you are still studying when you apply and cannot yet provide a final certificate containing your grades, please submit your current transcript of records confirming your provisional grade point average. You will then need to submit your degree certificate by the end of the first semester of your master’s program.
- Higher education entrance eligibility.
- Application letter detailing the motivation for the study of geophysics and advanced scientific education.
- Brief CV including professional experience and/or internships in the field of geophysics.
- Documentation of computer programming experience (unless already contained in the degree certificate or transcript of records).
- English language certificates (see language requirements).
Please note that your application can only be considered if your complete application documents reach the application address by the application deadline. This deadline is final; no extensions can be granted.
Please combine your documents into one single PDF.
For more information please check theCourse Website