History & Economics
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in economics or history.
Whether the criteria for acceptance into the M.A. program are met or not will be reviewed by an Admission Committee on an individual basis prior to the enrollment process.
A final grade of "gut" (2.5 or better in the German grading system).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
For admission (both graduates with and without a German university degree), the following documents are required:
- Personal information sheet.
- Your CV.
- Bachelorzeugnis or diploma supplement/transcript of records.
Note: if you do not have a B.A. degree in economics, Europäische Geschichte, or philosophy & economics from the University of Bayreuth a full transcript of records is needed to judge whether your degree is comparable and whether conditions for admission apply. If you do not yet have your final degree at the time of application you must present a transcript of records with at least 150 ECTS. You can use your university´s transcript of records.
- Motivation letter: up to two pages.
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements).
- For applicants from China, Mongolia, and Vietnam only: "APS" certificate. Please attach a copy to the pdf-file and send the original to:
Application Student Incoming
Please send all documents as a single PDF file which is attached to an e-mail with the subject line "Application - MA History & Economics" to the following e-mail address:
For more information please check theCourse Website