History & Economics
- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Economics or History from a foreign university will be recognized if it's reckoned that the implied chances of succeeding in the demanding master's program are at least as high as those of a student with a bachelor's degree in Economics, History or Philosophy & Economics from the University of Bayreuth with a final grade of "gut" (2.5 or better in the German grading system). This necessitates that the completed curriculum is sufficiently similar and the obtained grades are sufficiently good.
Applications may already be submitted before completion of the bachelor's degree; however, a total of at least 150 credits and a minimum grade of "good" are required by the time of application.
Conditional admission is possible; special conditions may comprise up to 30 credit points.
A final grade of "gut" (2.5 or better in the German grading system).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Can be obtained during the first year of the program.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
For EU and non-EU citizens:
- Secondary school leaving certificate including subjects and grades, in original language + certified translation in German or English.
- Bachelor's degree transcript of records (or for comparable degree) including subjects and grades - at least 150 ECTS points with a final grade corresponding to "good" or better on the German grading system (an aptitude assessment process will be required if your average grade is lower), in original language + certified translation in German or English.
- Bachelor's degree grading scale with the maximum grade and the minimum final grade required to be awarded the degree – not for passing individual courses (must be issued by your university), in original language + certified translation in German or English.
- Grade conversion using the Bavarian Formula: This will be available as an Excel sheet on CAMPUSonline.
- Curriculum vitae: You can download and fill out the template provided on the course page.
- English language certificate (see language requirements). Can be obtained during the first year of the program.
- German language certificate (see language requirements).
- Written presentation of course-specific competencies: Motivation letter up to two pages - download the template on the course page.
- Informal declaration on the independent preparation of written presentation of course-specific competencies. This can be found for upload within the platform CAMPUSonline.
- List of modules for which no evidence of performance exists yet.
For more information please check theCourse Website