Hydro Science and Engineering
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- students from all countries except for Germany: uni-assist | students from Germany: directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a science or engineering degree (e.g. in hydrology, meteorology, geography, geology, chemistry, biology, water management, construction engineering, waste management and contaminated sites, landscape architecture, forestry and agricultural engineering, environmental engineering or related study courses).
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Proof of basic knowledge of mathematics and the natural sciences to be tested in an aptitude test.
If at the time of the application, proof of the first degree that qualifies for a profession cannot yet be provided, applicants will be admitted to the aptitude test procedure and the numerus clausus selection procedure if 80% of the achievable points of the university degree can be proven by a certificate of the university of origin (Examining Office), on the basis of a completed module exam, assignment paper or colloquium.
No minimum GPA.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
For the application via uni-assist: € 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
- Formal application to determine aptitude for the Master's degree program in HydroScience and Engineering.
- Officially authenticated photocopy of your higher education entrance qualification (Abitur, Baccalaureate, School-Leaving Certificate, O- and A-Levels etc.), including list of grades and a scale (minimum to pass, maximum achievable). AND: Officially authenticated photocopy of the English translation of your higher education entrance qualification certificate (if the original was issued in a language other than German or English), completed with a list of grades and the corresponding scale (minimum to pass, maximum achievable).
- Officially authenticated photocopy of your university degree certificates. AND: Officially authenticated photocopy of the English translation of your university degree certificate(s) (if the original was issued in a language other than German or English), completed with a list of grades and the corresponding scale (minimum to pass, maximum achievable). If your university supplies you with transcripts or mark sheets, please include an original or an authenticated copy. A transcript or mark sheet is a list of subjects studied and the grades obtained.
- Certificate demonstrating proficiency in English (see language requirements).
- CV including educational background and professional career.
- Letter of Motivation to join HSE.
For more information please check theCourse Website