University of Bonn
International Media Studies
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
One year's experience working in a media-related field.
(Those applying for a full scholarship require at least two years of professional experience.)
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Applications must be made online. The university only accepts online applications. The university cannot consider forms or documents that are sent otherwise (i.e. via mail, fax, e-mail, etc.).
Please note: documents not originally issued in English or German must also be accompanied by an official, certified translation.
Please do not send original documents unless they ask you to do so. If you are accepted into the program they will later ask you to submit the original, certified documents or official, certified copies to their cooperation partner, the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences.
Before you begin filling out the online application form make sure you have all the required documents:
- Letter of motivation (max. 700 words; font “Arial”, size 10.; spacing 1,5; signed and dated). You will be able to explain your motivation and reasons for wanting to take part in the Master's Program International Media Studies. Alternatively, you may upload your statement of purpose as a PDF file in the column "Checklist".
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Europass format, signed and dated).
- Certificate of your first academic degree (including ALL transcripts).
- Evidence of at least one year's professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining your first academic degree (for a full scholarship you must give evidence for at least one additional year of professional experience).
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China, Vietnam or Mongolia).
- Evidence of sufficient English language skills (see language requirements).
- Copy of your passport.
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website