International Relations and Development Policy
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in political science or comparable.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
In addition, evidence of knowledge and skills in the scope of 60 ECTS credit points in the field of political science and 45 ECTS credit points in the areas of methods of empirical social research and statistics, international relations, peace and conflict research, development policy and comparative political science/regional research are required.
A diploma in a political science course or a master or teaching degree with a major in political science is recognized as equivalent.
If there is no degree at the time of application, it is usually necessary that at least 150 credit points have been earned; the average grade determined from the examinations completed up to that point must be at least 2.59. This average grade will also be taken into account in the selection process, regardless of whether the result of the bachelor's examination deviates from it.
The course must have been completed with a grade of at least 2.59.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
After completing the online application form, the following documents must be submitted in paper form in the area of enrollment and examination and sent to [email protected] in PDF format:
- Proof of all admission requirements (officially certified copies of certificates, the transcript of records/transcript of records, and certificates in German or English).
- Tabular CV.
- Written statements on the special interest in the chosen master's degree and the particular suitability for this (maximum two pages).
- Title and structure of the (bachelor) thesis.
- If applicable, evidence of practical activities in areas relevant to the master's degree (internship and job references).
For more information please check theCourse Website