Language Science and Technology
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computational linguistics or a related field.
Applicants must demonstrate special aptitude by providing:
- Proof of sufficient merit in their previous academic track record.
- Evidence supporting their particular interest in the subject by submitting a personal statement written by the applicant and letters of recommendation written by referees who know the applicant academically.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With grade A or B.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please submit digital copies of the following documents:
- Personal statement of interest and letters of recommendation.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Certificates attesting to the fulfillment of the language requirements.
Aditionally, you have to upload the following documents as a single PDF document:
- School-leaving certificate giving you the right of entry to higher education in your home country with individual grades.
- Bachelor's degree (If you are not finished with your bachelor's degree yet, you should upload preliminary documents instead).
- Transcript of academic records.
Once uploaded, you cannot upload updated versions, so please make sure that your documents are complete when you submit them.
If your original documents are in a language other than English or German, please also submit certified translations.
Native speakers of English: Please write a short note quoting that you are a native speaker of English and that all your studies have been in English, sign this and upload it in the field 'Language Certification'.
- Students from China: Please have your documents certified by the Akademische Prüfstelle des Kulturreferats of the German Embassy in Beijing.
- Students from Mongolia: Please have your documents certified by the German Embassy in Ulaanbaatar.
For more information please check theCourse Website