Language Science and Technology
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the computer linguistics course or in a related course or proof of equivalent performance.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With grade A or B.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please submit digital copies of the following documents:
- Personal statement of interest and letters of recommendation.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Certificates attesting to the fulfillment of the language requirements (see language requirements). Native speakers of English: please write a short note quoting that you are a native speaker of English and that all your studies have been in English, sign this and upload it in the field "Language Certification".
Additionally, you have to upload the following documents as a single PDF document:
- School-leaving certificate giving you the right of entry to higher education in your home country with individual grades.
- Bachelor's degree (If you are not finished with your bachelor's degree yet, you should upload preliminary documents instead).
- Transcript of academic records.
Once uploaded, you cannot upload updated versions, so please make sure that your documents are complete when you submit them.
If your original documents are in a language other than English or German, please also submit certified translations.
- Students from China:
Please have your documents certified by the Akademische Prüfstelle des Kulturreferats of the German Embassy in Beijing.
- Students from Mongolia:
Please have your documents certified by the German Embassy in Ulaanbaatar.
For more information please check theCourse Website