- Winter semester
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- There is the option to apply for a partial reduction of the tuition from 7,200 € to 6,000 € according to the following criteria: Excellence, and/or Financial need/poverty. This application has to be justified separately. The candidate can justify the application on the basis of one or both criteria (further documents may be requested by the board).
Bachelor's degree in law or in another field of study relevant for legal theory (e.g. arts, humanities, cultural, social, political, or economic studies).
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Must also prove a min. of 1 year of professional and/or research experience outside the basic degree program followed prior to the start of the legal theory master.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With the following minimum section requirements: Reading: 20, Listening: 20 Speaking: 20, Writing: 20.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
What to include with your application:
- Evidence of English language proficiency for non-native English speakers (see language requirements).
- Academic transcripts including final grades (all transcripts or translations thereof must be in either German, English or French).
- A copy of your passport.
- A statement of interest (with special regard to legal theory).
- At least one letter of recommendation (with special regard to your legal theory background).
The forms may be submitted as follows:
- Online-application (check program website).
- Electronic form: scanned by E-Mail to L.Schulz@jur.uni-frankfurt.de, or
- Post to:
Prof. Dr. Lorenz Schulz, M.A.
Study Director / Academic Head
LL.M. in Legal Theory / European Academy of Legal Theory
60323 Frankfurt am Main
For more information please check theCourse Website