Life Science Informatics
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in biology, medicine, pharmaceutics or computer science, or another closely related discipline.
The applicant should have a substantial background in life sciences, computer science, and mathematics. Typically this would include previous courses in the following areas: Calculus, Linear Algebra, Statistics, Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Theoretical Biology, Fundamentals of Computer Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms, and Fundamentals of Theoretical Computer Science.
The university undergraduate degree is to provide proof of the following qualifications:
- Basic organic chemistry, molecular biology and biochemistry as well as theoretical biology with a total of 18 ECTS credit points.
- Knowledge of informatics in the fields of programming, data structures and algorithms, computer architecture as well as basic theoretical computer science with a total of 18 ECTS credit points.
Candidates should have performed well above average in their undergraduate studies.
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is strongly recommended.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: No single result lower than 6.0.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
Apply through the Online-Application portal and upload the following documents as PDF or JPG.
- Transcripts, also intermediate and preliminary transcripts.
- Secondary school leaving certificate (with grades).
- TOEFL or IELTS test result (see language requirements).
- Entrance exam to university (only if applicable).
- Statement of purpose.
- GRE test (not mandatory but helpful for the application).
- Copy of your passport.
- At least one letter of recommendation by a university professor.
It is possible and welcomed if the above-mentioned documents are merged into one PDF.
For more information please check theCourse Website