- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the field of linguistics. In exceptional cases, applicants may be admitted who have completed a qualifying degree in another comparable study program.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
A qualifying degree with the grade "good" (2.5) or better.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- You have to submit documentation of your qualifying degree with the grade "good" (2.5) or better of a three-year (or more) study program in the field of linguistics [minimum degree: bachelor of arts (BA) or equivalent] at an institution of higher education or ‘Berufsakademie’.
- In exceptional cases, applicants may be admitted who have completed a qualifying degree in another, comparable study program with academic achievements that make successful participation in the master's program in linguistics likely.
- You have to provide documentation of English language skills (see language requirements). Depending on the area of specialization, you must provide a certificate of knowledge of another language.
- When recognizing degrees completed outside of Germany and converting grade into the German grading standard, the recommendations of the Kultusministerkonferenz (conference of ministers of education) - Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen ZaB (Central Office for Foreign Education), agreements on equivalence of the Federal Republic of Germany and agreements with partner universities have to be considered. For the area of specialization "English language and linguistics", no German language skills are required.
- Documentation of German language skills, level DSH-2 or TestDaF 4, or a language test recognized as equivalent. For the area of specialization "English Language and Linguistics" no German language skills are required.
- Applicants from China: APS certificate (original) issued by the German Embassy in Beijing.
- Applicants from Vietnam: APS certificate (original) issued by the German Embassy in Hanoi.
For more information please check theCourse Website