- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in linguistics.
It is strongly research-oriented. In particular, it seeks to build knowledge and research in the following three areas:
- Grammatical theory (phonology, morphology, and syntax).
- Language typology.
- Computational/experimental approaches to grammar.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please send the following documents with your application to the Institute of Linguistics:
- Letter of motivation where you describe why you would like to study the MA program.
- Certified copy of the B.A. degree.
- Transcript of records/diploma supplement.
- Fill out the application form for the linguistics master of arts and submit it as well.
Institute for Linguistics
Examination Board - MA Linguistics in-
house mailbox: 143501
Alternatively, you may submit your application electronically (as a pdf document). Please send your application to [email protected] with the header "Bewerbung MA Linguistik".
For more information please check theCourse Website