- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- students from (world-wide): uni-assist | students from All other options: directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in geosciences or a related subject.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Applicants with a university degree in a related subject can receive admission without satisfying further conditions if they have obtained at least 50 ECTS points collected on geoscientific subjects. Additional requirements will be obligatory if only 40 ECTS points are provided by geoscientific subjects (a set of courses with a maximum of 30 ECTS points).
A final grade of 2.5 or higher.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
For the application via uni-assist: € 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
Please be ready to provide the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages).
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page).
- Certificate and Transcript of Records (please also provide an overview table that shows ECTS points or hours of the course you choose in a) Geosciences, b) Geophysics, c) Mineralogy).
- Proof of Bachelor of Sciences in a relevant field - with a grade of 2.5 or better.
- Proof of proficiency in English (unless you are a native English speaker). See the language requirements for the tests accepted.
- Certified copies of the following: a) certification of the university entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur, high school degree), b) certificate of academic diplomas, c) official academic transcripts from all universities attended.
Please note: If the original language of the documents is not German or English, an official certified translation is required.
For more information please check theCourse Website