Master in Finance
- Start Dates
- Summer Semester: April
- Summer semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- There are early-bird discounts: 3,000 € by October 2nd, and 1,500 € by December 4th.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
Required ECTS credits: 210.
Candidates with less than 210 CP at the undergraduate level can have their post-university professional work experience assessed for up to 30 CP during the admissions process in the form of an interview. The allocation of credit points for work experience will appear on the Academic Transcript of Records and will be titled ‘Prior Learning Assessment’.
To earn a German master degree, students must accumulate a minimum of 300 CP. With the successful completion of the Master in Finance program, a total of 90 CP can be earned. Based on this, candidates with a collective total of less than 210 CP upon admission cannot be accepted to the program.
Proof of relevant, finance-related post-undergraduate work experience of at least one year is to be submitted, e.g. via the letter of professional recommendation, the resume as well as the confirmation of employment.
Any pre-degree work experience, for example work experience acquired during a dual study program or during an internship, will not be considered towards recognition of the post-undergraduate work experience.
Quantitative proficiency will be assessed based on quantitative coursework completed during previous academic studies. In addition, any professional qualifications earned (e.g., CFA, WP, CPA, etc.) may be used for the assessment of quantitative preparedness.
In case, upon assessment of the application portfolio, additional evidence of quantitative proficiency is required, the applicant may be asked to take on online mathematics test and submit the test certificate to the GBS Office of Admissions via email. The mathematics test is free of charge.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
A complete application package includes the following documents:
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Professional recommendation form (completed digitally by employer).
- Evidence of a minimum of one year post-undergraduate work experience in an applicable finance-related field (e.g. employment certificate, job description of the employer).
- Letter of motivation (in English).
- Proof of English-language proficiency (see language requirementes).
- Proof of quantitative skills
- Official diploma, university transcript and diploma supplement (if available) plus official translations into English or German. Only notarized copies will be accepted and must be submitted personally or via registered mail to:
Goethe Business School
Office of Admissions
Eschersheimer Landstraße 121
60322 Frankfurt am Main
The university will confirm receipt of the notarized copies via email.
For more information please check theCourse Website