- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree. Besides the dedicated material topics (e.g. physical metallurgy, crystallography, materials chemistry, mechanisms of mechanical strength, polymeric materials, ceramics), a qualifying bachelor program must have a strong record in natural science and mathematics. You must demonstrate a sound introduction to solid-state and organic chemistry as well as quantum and solid-state physics. As a rule, a classical program in mechanical engineering or mechatronics does not represent a sufficient preparation, except with an extraordinary focus on materials.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents are required for your application:
- Bachelor and/or diploma degree (certified copy).
- A certificate with the cumulative grade of your degree.
- Transcript of records, indicating all courses with the grade and the number of credit points and/or the number of hours.
- Certification of your English fluency (see language requirements).
- A very short letter to explain your motivation for studying a graduate program in material science. This letter must contain a short summary of your previous bachelor studies, i.e. state the total number of credit points earned in your bachelor studies and the total duration of the program, state the number of credit points earned in the following subtopics:
- physics and physical chemistry,
- general chemistry,
- organic chemistry and polymer science,
- quantum mechanics,
- material science.
If one of the indicated documents is missing the application can not be considered.
For more information please check theCourse Website