- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a subject-related course of study.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Subject-related is a study in a mathematical course at a German university with a degree in the mathematics of at least 120 ECTS points or in comparable courses at foreign universities. The access committee can also admit students of other courses if the required mathematical qualification is given.
If necessary, such students with admission to the master's program can be given to do a certain amount of adaptation studies that have to be tailored to the student's individual course of study and that must not significantly increase his/her workload.
A final grade of at least 3.0 or equivalent qualification has been completed or the applicant is among the top 40% of his/her year.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Proof of general or a relevant subject-specific university entrance qualification.
- Evidence of the existence of a first professional qualification. If there was no graduation certificate, a preliminary certificate must be submitted in which at least 120 CP (ECTS credit points) and a final grade of 3.3 are shown. In this case, the admission is only granted provisionally and expires automatically if the final certificate shows a grade lower than 3.0. The graduation certificate in the case of admission must be presented upon registration.
- Evidence of sufficient language skills (see language requirements).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Proof of study and examination achievements (e.g. transcript of records).
- The completed a questionnaire for admission to the MSc Mathematics.
- If necessary, documents proving the existence of a special hardship situation (e.g. disabled person's ID).
The application for admission must be rejected if it is not received on time. The application can be rejected if the documents are incomplete.
For more information please check theCourse Website