- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering.
The following knowledge is also required:
- 30 ECPS in Mathematics, as follows:
- 12 ECPS in Foundations of differential and integral calculus of one and several variables: convergence of sequences and series; continuous and differentiable functions; power series and elementary functions; integration theory in one variable (proper + improper integrals, fundamental theorem, integration rules, parameter-dependent integrals); integrals over general regions; periodic functions and Fourier series; implicit functions; minimization under equality constraints.
- 8 ECPS in Linear Algebra: general vector spaces (subspaces, inner and cross product, Euclidean vector spaces); systems of linear equations (Gauß elimination, inverse matrices, block matrices, determinants); linear mappings (basis transformation, orthogonal matrices); orthogonal projection in R^n, Gram-SchmidtOrthonormalization; eigenvalues (diagonalizing matrices, normal matrices, symmetric and Hermitian matrices, Jordan normal form); matrix factorizations (LU, QR, Schur, SVD).
- 7 ECPS in Differential and partial differential equations.
- 3 ECPS in Complex Analysis: Complex differentiation; Cauchy’s integral formula; Laurent series, singularities, and residuals.
- 21 ECPS in Mechanics, as follows:
- 6 ECPS in Statics.
- 3 ECPS in Strength/mechanics of materials.
- 12 ECPS in Kinematics, dynamics, impact problems, analytical mechanics, multibody systems, oscillations.
- 6 ECPS in Control Theory: Control engineering (Control theory and control systems).
- 6 ECPS in Fundamentals of Mechatronics Engineering, as follows:
- 3 ECPS in Fundamentals of mechatronic systems.
- 3 ECPS in Mechatronic system modeling and simulation.
- 48 ECPS in Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering, as follows:
- 6 ECPS in Materials science (material properties, material testing).
- 6 ECPS in Manufacturing processes (casting, imaging, coating, molding, forming, machining, joining).
- 6 ECPS in Measurement technology (metrology, instrumentation).
- 6 ECPS in Thermodynamics (1st and 2nd Law, equations of state, vapors, clockwise and counter-clockwise cycles, gas-steam mixtures).
- 6 ECPS in Computer science (automata theory, data structures, programming languages).
- 12 ECPS in Mechanical engineering design (design process and methods; theory, application and dimensioning of basic and advanced machine elements).
- 6 ECPS in Electrical engineering (direct & alternating current, electronics).
Must show very good previous academic performance.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. And it is possible to apply for one international Master's degree course at TUHH only. Please submit the following documents by using the uploading portal as a part of the online application facility. It is only possible to upload PDF files with a maximum of 7 MB per file. Please upload the original documents and also a translation, if necessary. If your original documents are issued in German or English a translation of a sworn translator is not required.
- Curriculum vitae/résumé: TUHH does not require or provide any standard format for the CV. The CV must not consist of more than 2 pages.
- Bachelor's degree certificate: Bachelor's degree certificate or equivalent, including your aggregate mark or grade average. If your final degree certificate is not yet available, you need to submit an official provisional degree certificate or an official letter of your registrar, dean or academic supervisor, listing the remaining subjects and, if possible, the prospective grades as well as the prospective final grade average.
- Complete university transcript of record: complete university transcript of record (semester mark sheets), listing your subjects and grades. If your final year transcripts are not yet available, you need to submit an official provisional transcript or an official letter of your registrar, dean or academic supervisor, listing the remaining subjects and, if possible, the prospective grades as well as the prospective final grade average.
- An official explanation of the university grading system: an official explanation of your university grading system issued by your registrar, dean, or academic supervisor, indicating at least the maximum passing grade, the minimum passing grade and the minimum passing grade for graduation.
- Proof of English (see language requirements).
This is a complete list of application documents. Any other documents (GRE e. g.) will neither be read nor considered. And please do not submit any documents by post mail.
For more information please check theCourse Website