- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Subject-specific bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
The bachelor's grade final overall point grade must be GOOD or higher (2,5 German and US systems).
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
For your application you will need the following documents:
- Registration form: Once you finish an online application, this document will be generated under the filename "Application for admission at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena to the master's program". You need to print out this document, sign it, scan it, and send it as a PDF file of good quality within the application timeframe to the Master Service Centre: [email protected]
- CV: Your CV should have a tabular form, containing key information on your school record and academic career.
- University entrance qualification certificate: Please upload at the online application system your university entrance certificate/school leaving certificate. Usually, this means the school graduation diploma (German "Abitur"), i.e. the diploma that makes you eligible for studies at a university or other institution for higher education. Be mindful of the fact that the university does not need any university diploma but a high school diploma.
- Proof of a first university degree: (e.g. bachelor, diploma, state exam) or transcripts of records, if the study program is still in progress, showing that at least 140 credit points have been earned so far.
- Motivation letter: A typed application letter (max. 500 words) in which the applicant displays motivation and eligibility as well as skills relevant to the master's program (letter of motivation). Should not exceed the size of two DIN A4-pages and normally, it should contain information on your motivation for taking up this course of studies. You should elaborate on the following essential questions:
- Why do you desire to take up this specific course of study?
- What are - in your opinion - the main features that this course of studies excels in?
- Which features of this course have inspired your application?
- Why Jena?
- Corresponding transcripts: Detailed transcript of records/ mark sheet of your first, subject-specific University degree, with which you apply for the master's programme (minimum requirement is the transcript/mark sheet up to the semester before the last). This trancript MUST contain an overall cumulative grade point average or average mark. You need at least 140 credits (ECTS) by the time you apply.
- Proof of relevant work experience: Should you have obtained subject-specific work experience, you can upload corresponding certificates in order to support your application.
- Proof of subject-specific practical experience: Should you have obtained subject-specific practical experience (e.g. by internships etc.), you can upload corresponding certificates in order to support your application.
Additional application documents for international students:
- Translation of foreign/external application documents: Every mandatory application document from foreign/external countries must also be available in either English OR German translation. Such a translation has to be conducted by officially acknowledged/sworn translators or translation offices.
- Proof of grading system: External/foreign degree certificates/transcripts of records must contain information on the grading system used at the respective university.
- Certificate APS: Applicants with degrees from Mongolia, Vietnam, or China must submit the original APS-certificate issued by the German Embassy.
- University entrance exam: Applicants from the following countries must submit a certificate of their university entrance examination/college entrance examination:
- Iran (College entrance examination certificate or certificate of pre-university course/year).
- Republic of Korea/South Korea: SAT (Scholastic Ability Test).
- People's Republic of China: College entrance examination certificate ("Gaokao").
For more information please check theCourse Website