Modern East Asian Studies
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, political science, economics, business administration, law, history, anthropology or related areas, or in cultural studies with a focus on China, Japan, Korea, or South East Asia.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents are required:
- Academic CV.
- A convincing motivation letter, naming at least one university professor as a reference, approximately one page long.
- A research proposal of 800 to a maximum of 2000 words (excluding the bibliography) on a topic related to the regions and disciplines covered by the MEAS program. The research proposal shall demonstrate the ability to identify a current socio-scientific topic, to highlight its importance within a broader context, and to develop convincing hypotheses. Applicants shall furthermore demonstrate their ability to structure their ideas in an academically sound manner and to use the correct terminology.
- Certificates: please provide a scan of all requested certificates and enclose them in your application. In the case of foreign certificates, provide an English transcript. Please mail hard copies only if requested to do so.
- English proficiency (see language requirements).
Applicants with a bachelor's degree from China, Vietnam or Mongolia have to provide an APS certificate at the time of their application.
Only complete applications will be considered. Admission depends on the final BA grade (51%), and on the research proposal (49%).
For more information please check theCourse Website