Modern East Аsian Studiеs
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in East Asian regional studies. Students should have knowledge of at least one East Asian country. In addition, basic knowledge of social sciences or economics (e.g. sociology, politics, international relations, economics, business administration, anthropology, human geography) is required.
Required ECTS credits: 240.
Depending on an applicant’s prior education and training (e.g. a bachelor's degree with less than 240 ECTS credits), conditional admission may be granted requiring up to 30 ECTS credits in additional coursеs.
An average grade of 2.5 or higher, based on the German grading systеm.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
The letter of recommendation needs to be issued by a university professor. He or she should send the completed form directly to the university via e-mail.
In addition to the application for admission and the letter of recommendation, the following documents have to be submitted, either in English or German. Diplomas, degree certificates, transcript of grades, evidence of language proficiency, etc. need to be scans of the originals or certified copies. If any documents are not already in German or English, you need to submit scans of certified translations.
- Proof of English language proficiency (see language requirements).
- Proof of advanced East Asian language proficiency (see language requirements).
- Complete and up-to-date CV showing your professional experience and education and including a color photo.
- Copy of high school diploma (for Germans: Zeugnis der Hochschulreife).
- Copy of BA degree certificate, including a transcript of grades showing an average grade of 2.5 or higher, based on the German grading system, and also including a transcript of any semesters spent abroad (please use the so-called Bavarian Formular to calculate your CGPA in the German grading system).
- Statement of reasons for applying for this program, including your interest in East Asia (1–2 pages).
- APS Certificate (Certificate of the ‘Akademische Prüfstelle’): relevant only for graduates from universities in China, Vietnam, and Mongolia.
Please send all application documents in one single pdf file by e-mail, except for the letter of recommendation, which should be submitted by the writer. In order to merge several documents into one single pdf file, please use free software and programs, which you can easily find online. Please note that the university does not accept any other file type but pdf for security reasοns.
For more information please check theCourse Website