- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- If you apply with international certificates, you will be informed in your letter of admission whether you are subject to a fee.
Bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, or biotechnology. In the case of a foreign overall grade, which is less than 2.5 in the German grading system, an original certificate from the university at which the degree was obtained must be presented, which shows that the applicant is among the top 20% of the final year heard in science subjects. This certificate must also show how many final grades have gone into the percentile rank. If the certificate is based on fewer than 50 final grades, it will not be accepted.
In addition, at least the specified credit points or comparable achievements must be acquired in the following subjects:
- Mathematics and statistics: 12 CP,
- Physics: 6 LP,
- Chemistry (without biochemistry): 9 LP,
- Biochemistry: 12 LP,
- Cell biology/microbiology/physiology: 12 LP,
- Practical exercises/internships: 30 CP,
As well as a written bachelor thesis.
If a certificate of completion is not available by the end of the application period for the proof of a bachelor's degree, an application based on a certificate of already completed examination and study achievements in the amount of at least 135 credit points by the responsible body of the previous university must have been issued.
By the end of the application period, two thirds of the credit points must be proven.
The grade is based on the average grade of the examinations completed so far, which must be evident from the certificate; the final result of the bachelor's degree is not taken into account in this case.
At least a grade of good (2.5).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
For more information please check theCourse Website