North American Studies: Culture and Literature
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in American or English studies (a significant percentage of the undergraduate degree must include content related to American studies). To present proof of a significant focus on literature and culture classes, preferably with America-related content, applicants need to provide a transcript of records.
A final grade of ‘gut’ (good – at least 2.5) or better; applicants with a final grade between 2.5 and 3.5 must pass an interview.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
You can apply online for the program. Please do not forget to include the following documents with your application:
- Secondary education certificate.
- University degree certificate with the transcript of records proving a significant focus on literary and/or cultural studies, preferably with America-related content.
- Proof of English at level C1 (see language requirements) and, if applicable, German at A1 (German language skills need to be documented within the first year of study at the latest).
- 1,000–1,500-word essay. For applications for the winter term 2020/21, the essay questions can be downloaded in the course site (please note: only answer one of the two questions and stay within the word limit).
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website