- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University (incl. VPD from uni-assist)
- Study mode:
- On campus
The Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Master's degree course is designed to build consecutively on a Bachelor’s degree course in Biotechnology (the interdisciplinary science that unites engineering, biology, chemistry, medicine, physics and other subdisciplines) It seeks to enhance students’ knowledge of pharmaceutical products and processes in response to industry needs, especially in pharmaceutical production and development. The degree course, which was certified by the accreditation organization ASIIN in 2015, also develops students’ interdisciplinary research and development skills.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Biotechnology or a similar field.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (for applicants from non-EU countries).
If your first degree is in biology, pharmacology, or pharmacy, or in a related subject, you do not qualify to enrol in this Master’s degree course as you will not have taken any prior engineering courses.
Proof of particular professional experience (optional)
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
For the application via Uni-Assist: € 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
- First degree as Bachelor (in related disciplines) qualifying for a professional career or a comparable course of studies or a Diploma of a university with 210 CP.
- Knowledge of the English language (see language requirements).
- German language certificate level A2 by acknowledged institutions like Goethe-Institut.
- Applicants holding a first academic degree (bachelor, diploma, etc.) from non-EU-countries: Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Statement of motivation.
- Letter of recommendation from a university professor (optional).
- Proof of particular professional experience (optional).
If you completed your school education outside of Germany, you must send officially certified copies of your certificates to be reviewed by uni-assist BEFORE you can apply online to the HAW Hamburg. You will get a certificate - Vorprüfungsdokumentation (VPD) - from uni-assist that you must include with your application to the HAW Hamburg. Please apply early, as the VPD process can take 4-6 weeks.
For more information please check theCourse Website