Philosophy of Scienсе
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in philosophy or in another relevant undergraduate degree, or in an academic discipline relevant for the master program (including physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy, mathematics, political science, sociology, psychology, historiography, or economics).
The selection committee shall decide whether a degree program or related academic discipline is suitable; the decision may be accompanied by the condition that missing modules or courses must be completed within two semesters.
Provisional acceptance may be granted to applicants who have not yet completed their bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification at the time of application, if at least 150 credit points have been attained and it is expected that the bachelor's degree (or equivalent) will be completed by the end of the first semester of the master's degree at the latest. If an applicant cannot provide evidence of the required 150 credit points by the stipulated deadline, the admissions committee shall decide on a case-by-case basis whether to grant admission subject to restrictions. Evidence of the required credit points must be provided by September 15th of the respective year for admission in the winter semester and by March 15th for admission in the summer semestеr.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
The application must be accompanied by the documents listed below. Certified copies are required for certificates and official confirmations; if these documents were not issued in German or English, certified German or English translations must be provided.
- The final certificate for a degree program as described above or – if this is not yet available – confirmation of completed units and respective credit points.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Proof of English language proficiency (see language requirements).
- A letter of motivation: must be written in English. The letter should disclose the following:
- Specific experiences and interests that make the applicant particularly suited to the degree program.
- Qualifications the applicant has acquired from the undergraduate degree program.
- The applicant’s expectations with respect to their future professional field in conjunction with the degree program.
- Key academic and research areas that the applicant intends to focus on in the degree program.
Applications that are incomplete or do not meet the requirements regarding form or deadline will be excluded from the application process. The university will retain the submitted documents.
Applications from China and Vietnam:
It is essential for Chinese (except Macao and Hong Kong) and Vietnamese applicants who completed their bachelor's degree in their home country to submit a scan of an original individual APS certificate with their application.
APS checks the applicant's qualification for admission to higher education and the academic credits of applicants wishing to study in Germany. A group APS will not be acceptеd.
For more information please check theCourse Website