- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in physics and proof of minimum knowledge and minimum performance in the following areas:
- Achievements in theoretical physics (quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, statistical physics, classical field theory) totaling at least 12 ECTS points.
- Services in experimental physics (astronomy and astrophysics, nuclear and particle physics, atomic and molecular physics, condensed matter, nanostructures) totaling at least 18 ECTS points.
- Achievements in physical internships totaling at least 9 ECTS points.
Minimum standard period of study: 4 years.
Required ECTS credits: 240.
Graduates of a three-year bachelor's program in physics (or an equivalent degree) can also be accepted. In this case, the student must acquire additionally, so-called "bridging modules" corresponding to 60 credit points at the beginning of the master studies. These "bridging modules" encompass modules of a field of specialization with 21 credit points (including a one-hour oral exam in the field of specialization), as well as other modules from the bachelor's program of physics of 39 credit points. The selection of these bridging modules should be a complement to previously completed bachelor studies and has to be approved by the examination committee.
At least a grade of 3.3.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
For more information please check theCourse Website