Psychology - Cognitive Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience
- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in psychology or a comparable undergraduate degree in combination with a personal suitability for the program. Your degree must include:
- 30 ECTS credits in psychological methodology, 10 of which in statistics.
- 40 ECTS credits of basic knowledge such as General Psychology, Biological Psychololgy, Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology as well as Differential and Personality Psychology.
- Modules taken in at least two areas of application (e.g. Work and Organisational Psychology, Pedagogical Psychology, Clinical Psychology).
Altogether, your degree must include lessons or modules in psychology amounting to at least 150 ECTS credits.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
- CV: Your CV should have a tabular form, containing key information on your school record and academic career.
- University entrance qualification certificate: Please upload at the online application system your university entrance certificate/school leaving certificate. Usually, this means the school graduation diploma (German "Abitur"), i.e. the diploma that makes you eligible for studies at an university or other institution for higher education. Be mindful of the fact that no University diploma but a High School diploma is needed.
- Previous university degrees earned: All previous university degrees (Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, etc.) if available before the application deadline - if not, please make a note of the anticipated date of issue of your degree certificate. Please upload your university degree or the most actual, detailed transcript of records/mark sheet of all semesters available to you, should you not hold your degree certificate at the time of application. The main document is the degree/ transcript based on which you apply for the master program.
- Corresponding transcripts: Detailed transcript of records/mark sheet of your first, subject-specific university degree, with which you apply for the master's program (minimum requirement is the transcript/mark sheet up to the semester before the last). This trancript MUST contain an overall cumulative grade point average or average mark. You need at least 135 credits (ECTS) by the time you apply.
- Proof of subject-specific scientific suitability in the chosen area of specialisation, where applicable. For example:
- official letter from a university confirming previous professional experience as scientific assistant at a university of at least 90 hours,
- letter from the publisher or invitation to review the publication confirming your co-authorhsip of peer-reviewed scientific publications in scientific journals.
Additional application documents for international students:
- Proof of English language proficiency: see language requirements).
- Translation of foreign/external application documents: Every mandatory application document from foreign/external countries must also be available in either English OR German translation. Such a translation has to be conducted by officially acknowledged/ sworn translators or translation offices.
- Proof of grading system: External/foreign degree certificates/transcripts of records must contain information on the grading system (= description of the maximum grade possible and the minimum passing grade) used at the respective university.
- Certificate APS: Applicants with degrees from India, Vietnam, or China must submit the original APS-certificate issued by the German Embassy.
- University entrance exam: Applicants from the following countries must submit a certificate of their university entrance examination/college entrance examination:
- Iran (College entrance examination certificate or certificate of pre-university course/year).
- Republic of Korea/South Korea: SAT (Scholastic Ability Test).
- People's Republic of China: College entrance examination certificate ("Gaokao").
For more information please check theCourse Website