Remote Sensing, geoInformation, and Visualisation
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in earth science, physics, mathematics, biology, chemistry, or computer science, or a thematically adjacent degree.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
The degree must include at least 36 credit points (CPs) in earth science, biology, physics, chemistry, or computer science, of which at least 12 CPs are in the subjects of physics, chemistry, or biology. In addition, 12 CPs shall be demonstrated in mathematics.
For applicants who do not satisfy these requirements, the Examining Board may specify in the admission notification that in order to reconcile with the admission requirements, the student must complete at most two modules from the elective component as mandatory modules comprising 6 CPs (12 CPs at most) each. In the elective component, this reduces the scope of freely selectable modules to 18 CPs. If the student would require more extensive compensatory study to reach the necessary knowledge level, the admission requirements are not satisfied.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: At least 5 in each field.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Completed and signed admissions application. The admission application is the document that is compiled as a result of your online application on uni-assist.
- Simple copy (i.e. uncertified) of the German- or English-language graduation certificate from your first degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Diplom, Magister).
If your graduation or preliminary certificate is in a language other than German or English, then you must submit a German or English translation certified by a sworn translator, along with a simple copy of this document.
If documentation of your first professional qualification is not yet available by the admission application deadline, you can still apply for admission. You must have (with a transcript of records, uncertified will suffice):
- At least 140 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 180 CP.
- At least 170 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 210 CP.
- At least 200 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 240 CP.
- Diploma Supplement: a simple copy (i.e. uncertified) of the diploma supplement or other relevant documentation from your university regarding all coursework completed for your first professional degree. You may also submit the module manual or the study and examination regulations of your degree program to evidence your qualification. If this coursework was completed at an institution of higher education other than the University of Potsdam, then this proof must include information regarding the credit points, form, content, and the examination modalities.
- If applicable, a placement notification for the first semester.
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements).
For more information please check theCourse Website