- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in the "East Asia/Sinology" bachelor's degree from the University of Hamburg or a comparable sinological degree.
If there is no final certificate at the time of application, this can be submitted by the end of the first master semester.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please submit all documents as uncertified copies. For documents that were not issued in German or English, must also be translated by an officially sworn translator into German or English.
- Printed online application form.
- Graduation certificate from your university degree or preliminary transcript of records. If you are still studying at the time of application and cannot present a graduation certificate with a grade, you must submit a current transcript of records with a preliminary average grade. The final certificate must be submitted by the end of the first master semester.
- Letter of motivation (including mentioning the choice of the profile).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Certified list of courses attended (e.g. transcript of records, preliminary certificate or excerpt from the examination file) stating:
- Seminar form (language course, seminar, exercise, etc.).
- The number of credit points ( ECTS, credits).
- The number of semester hours per week.
- Qualification thesis BA in digital form.
- For applicants from subjects related to Sinology: proof of Chinese language skills (see language requirements).
- If necessary: proof of further required language skills in paper form.
Prof. Dr. Kai Vogelsang
University of Hamburg
Dept. for Chinese Language and Culture
For more information please check theCourse Website