- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in social sciences or a subject-related degree.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
If a Bachelor's degree has not been completed by the time of the application, a current transcript of records of at least 130 ECTS-Points (or the equivalent) has to be submitted.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences or a subject-related degree, which was completed with a grade of at least "good" (German Grade equivalent 2.5).
- Good English language skills (see language requirements).
- You must submit a certificate (or transcript of records) with at least one course in statistical analysis and/or social research methods, which was completed with a grade of at least "good" (German Grade equivalent 2.5).
- A letter of motivation in English must be presented. The letter of motivation should contain a maximum of 500 words.
- Sample of written work in sociology in English or German must be submitted. This sample should underline the ability of the applicant to do research in sociology and should not exceed 5,000 words.
For more information please check theCourse Website