- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a discipline of the humanities, cultural or social sciences.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Applications can only be submitted for the winter term of each year and must contain the following documents:
- Certified copy of the BA degree (or equivalent).
- Certified copy of the transcript of records.
- Certified copies of language certificates (see language requirements).
- Letter of motivation (in English; max. 900 words).
- CV (in English; max. two pages).
- A formal statement confirming that you wrote the letter of motivation by yourself without the help of others and properly indicated the use of all ideas from additional sources.
Additional documents required from international applicants:
- Completely filled in "Application form for Admission in a Master program".
- Certified copy of your university entrance qualification.
For international applicants: Please send your application in one posting to:
University of Heidelberg
International Relations Office
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure to send your application early enough. Applications arriving after June 15th will be automatically rejected.
For more information please check theCourse Website