- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a course of study in the fields of architecture, urban and regional planning, landscape architecture or a related course of study.
A degree program is usually related if it contains at least 30 credit points from architecture, city or space-related subjects. A maximum of 12 credit points can be replaced by equivalent relevant professional experience in these fields.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With 400 in listening and 385 in reading.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
free of charge
- Application form online application form from uni-assist (candidates with a first university degree not earned at TU Berlin) or direct application for master's degree TU Berlin (TU students/graduates).
- Proof of professional first university degree legally certified, German or English copy (translated if needed) of a professional university degree (Bachelor, Diploma, Master’s degree, State examination or equivalent), performance records (certificates, duration of the study, final grade as well as the individual transcript of records and achievement in the different exam modules) or certified copy of the overview of ECTS level, showing courses and grades with a summary of subjects and grades. And a certificate of exmatriculation from the previous university or current registration certificate of the present university.
- Evidence of language skills (see language requirements).
- Previous studies in a master’s program: if you already are or were enrolled for a master's degree program in an institution for higher education, a change of university or a re-entry (for a higher semester only) is possible, as well as for lateral entrants (first and higher semester). In this case, the following additional paper documents must be provided before the application deadline. Download for documents only for extern applicants from uni-assist. If necessary, a copy of:
- Proof of previous academic achievements in a master's program higher education framework law.
- Study and examination regulations of the master's degree study.
- Description of the previous study module.
- Additional relevant proofs of the previous studies.
- Additional documents: a copy of passport (pages with personal data) for international applicants or a copy of identity card for German applicants and current tabular overview of the school and higher education, additional relevant activities and experience in connection with the studies.
- Additional documents to be submitted:
- Hand-signed letter of motivation (approx. 1 DIN A-4 page). Please briefly explain why you wish to study at the TU Berlin. You can point out and describe special and professional qualifications related to TU Berlin focuses. Further documents certifying specialist qualifications and relevant credentials, internships, vocational training, stays abroad, prizes and distinctions, and
- Work samples from the first degree, 6 to 8 DIN A-4 pages. You can choose up to three projects related to the fields of architecture, urban planning, landscape architecture or a closely related field. Please keep in mind the format requirements A4. A short text included in the 6-8 pages can be helpful.
For more information please check theCourse Website