- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the visual computing/computer visualistics course or a related subject (in particular from the fields of computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering or mechatronics) or proof of equivalent performance.
A grade of at least 75%.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The completed application form must be accompanied by the following documents in German, English or French (translations must be submitted with documents in other languages). These documents should be submitted in pdf-format via the upload interface:
- A curriculum vitae highlighting relevant course work, major academic achievements, and prior research experience, including published or communicated research results.
- A personal statement explaining the applicant's motivation and reasons for pursuing the M.Sc. in Visual Computing. This point is very important. Please avoid superficial answers and do not exceed two pages.
- In addition, applicants are encouraged to supply one or two representative research publications, if any. Please do not include class project reports.
- English language certificate (see language requirements).
- Academic certificates:
- School-leaving certificate giving the right of entry to higher education in the applicant´s home country with individual grades.
- Academic transcripts documenting grades.
- University degree certificate or diploma indicating the final grade(s)/GPA. Please do not apply if the CGPA of your bachelor's degree is under 75% (academic performance/equivalence to a B. Sc. of Saarland University).
All certificates must be accompanied by an explanation of the grading system. The accuracy of the translation must be confirmed. Original certificates will not be needed until matriculation at the university.
For applicants from the Peoples' Republic of China and from Mongolia: the university will not accept your application without the official certificate of the APS (Akademische Prüfstelle) in China/Mongolia.
The university also needs two recommendations of professors or employers who know you and your work very well. You can either send the recommendations in sealed envelopes you get from the referees or the university will contact and ask them to upload their recommendations.
For more information please check theCourse Website