Advanced Materials and Processes
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in chemical and biological engineering, materials science and engineering, or related subjects.
Examples of related subjects are mechanical engineering, nanotechnology, life science engineering, medical technology and energy technology, and comparable degrees.
Applicants who have not yet completed their bachelor’s degree, are welcome to apply under the conditions that 140 ECTS are credited in the current Transcript of Records.
German applicants should have an overall Bachelor’s grade of 2.2 or better. International applicants coming from different grading systems need a mark equivalent to “good” in their undergraduate degree.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
All documents must be submitted in PDF format and named in the following way:
- MAP01_CoverLetter_yy_zz - content: Short cover letter (you should state your connection to MAP and your motivation to study the program).
- MAP02_CV_yy_zz - content: CV/Resumé (including an up-to-date picture).
- MAP03_TranscriptSchool_yy_zz - content: High school/secondary school leaving certificate or university entrance certificate. The transcript of courses attended with corresponding grades should be included.
- MAP04_EnglishTranscriptUniversity_yy_zz - content: English university degree certificate(s)/English transcript(s) of records. The transcript of courses attended at university with corresponding grades provided as an English language version.
- MAP05_OriginalLanguageTranscriptUniversity_yy_zz – content: Transcript of courses attended at university in the original language.
- MAP06_TOEFL_yy_zz (respectively IELTS or other evidence) – content: IELTS or TOEFL score report if the previous degree was not conducted in English. If the courses at university have been taught in English, please send the authentication of the university.
- MAP07_Language_yy_zz (if any) – content: Certificates of English or German language courses taken.
- MAP08_APS_yy_zz – content: APS certificate (for applicants from China, Mongolia, and Vietnam only).
- MAP09_Scholarship_yy_zz – content: Motivation for scholarship application. Only if you want to apply for a MAP scholarship and only until March 31st.
- MAP1x_xxx_yy_zz for any further documents – content: Certificate(s) of e.g. industrial internship(s) attended.
Replace "yy" with your family name, and "zz" with your first name.
Please submit all test results as scanned copies or screenshots.
If you are unable to submit the complete set of documentation before the application deadline, you may submit the missing document(s) after the application deadline has passed by sending an electronic copy to the MAP application team at map-applications(at)fau.de. Please check the size of your files as the university e-mail has a 5 MB limit.
For more information please check theCourse Website