- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) from a course in physics or astrophysics.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents should accompany the application for admittance to the assessment procedure (in German or English):
- A short curriculum vitae.
- A copy of the first degree certificate (if available already) and the transcript of records (the university is looking for students who have excelled in their undergraduate physics studies and also have done well in their other studies).
- An essay of at most 1000 words explaining the candidate's interest in and abilities pertinent to the study of astrophysics at the masters level, including a description of his/her achievements in the first degree course (students with some prior research experience are especially strong candidates).
- Applicants whose first degree course was not taken at a University in a country of the European Union have to provide verification of their expertise in the form of "Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores" in physics or mathematics.
- A questionnaire, provided by the faculty of physics, completed and signed by the candidate.
For more information please check theCourse Website