- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in psychology, linguistics, computer science, biology, cognitive science, or an equivalent degree (equivalency is judged by the International School of Graduate Studies (ISGS)).
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in another related field (e.g. social sciences, engineering, philosophy, etc) may also apply, but should clearly explain in their motivation letter how their previous studies and experience have suitably prepared them for a master’s program in cognitive science.
Applicants should ideally also have a solid background in basic descriptive and inferential statistics (e.g., regression, ANOVA) as well as some experience in conducting empirical research (e.g., for a class project or bachelor’s thesis). Previous experience in statistics and empirical research should be mentioned in the motivation letter.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
To complete the application, please prepare the following documents as PDF-files (unless specified otherwise).
At the time of application, it is sufficient to submit electronic documents, i.e. no hard copies need to be sent.
For enrolment, original documents have to be provided, which will be checked against the electronic documents.
The following electronic documents (PDF) are mandatory:
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Degree certificate(s) (original language).
- Degree certificate(s) (certified translation).
- Transcript of records (original language and certified translation).
- English language qualification certificate (see language requirements).
The following electronic documents (PDF) are not mandatory, but very useful for the evaluation of your application and therefore highly recommended:
- Description of subjects covered during your previous studies, e.g. syllabi or module handbooks.
- Letter of motivation.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- 1–2 letters of recommendation from faculty staff of a university or research institute (PDF; can also be sent in paper form, if to be handled confidentially).
- Copy or summary of bachelor/master thesis (please add a summary of one page to the application).
- Further qualifications (e.g. certificates of internships or jobs that are related to cognitive science, awards, prizes or a list of scientific publications).
- Akademische Prüfstelle; only for applicants from the People´s Republic of China, Mongolia, and Vietnam.
For more information please check theCourse Website