- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
All applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Completion of an excellent bachelor's degree or a corresponding qualification in computer science, in a related scientific or technical field, or in mathematics.
- Proficiency and experience in both using and programming computers. Besides familiarity with the basic concepts of computers and Computer Science, it is expected that you have solid programming experience with procedural languages like C and C++:
- either more than 1,000 hours of experience with programming in languages like C, C++, Fortran, Java, Python, or
- more than two university courses in computer science out of the fields of data structures and algorithms, programming, theoretical, or technical computer science). Please list the corresponding courses in your application.
- A well-rounded education in engineering mathematics: besides the engineering mathematics courses at least one university course from PDE, ODE, functional analysis, numerics, optimization, statistics. Please list the corresponding courses in your application.
- Students with a bachelor´s degree in computer science (and engineering) or similar – without a special engineering subject – are requested to apply for the TAF Medical Engineering.
Completion of an excellent bachelors' degree.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Your curriculum vitae ( CV).
- Your letter of motivation (write why you chose CE Master at FAU as well as why you chose your specific Technical Application Field).
- Your secondary school’s leaving certificate (and English translation) (High school certificate).
- University entrance exam (if available, e.g. Iran).
- Your university certificates (and English translation). In case you do not have your bachelor certificate at the time of applying to FAU, a confirmation of your university that you will get the bachelor´s certificate soon can be sent.
- The international transcript (grades sheet) of the courses you have attended.
- TOEFL score report (or other proof of English; in case your bachelor's has been in English a confirmation of the university is sufficient - see language requirements).
- APS certificate (China).
- Any certificates of English or German language courses you have taken part in.
- GRE is not mandatory, but if you have a certificate, it is very helpful.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information please check theCourse Website