- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in economics.
Whether the criteria for acceptance into the Master's program are met or not will be reviewed on an individual basis prior to the enrollment process.
A minimum requirement concerning the comparability of degrees from European universities is that the combined credits in microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, statistics, and math core courses are at least 35 in the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). For applicants with degrees from universities outside the European Union and without a formal Partnership/Learning Agreement with the University of Bayreuth, it is required similar credits in these core subjects and, in addition, individual GRE General Test Scores in the upper 75th percentiles.
A final grade of "gut" (2.5 or better in the German grading system).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
In case you want to enroll in the master's program in economics but do not have a German university degree, it is necessary to apply with:
- Completed personal information sheet and scans of the following documents:
- Proof of previously obtained university degrees and study records (transcripts) which indicate all the courses taken and grades obtained.
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements).
- Proof of GRE General Test Scores in the upper 75th percentile if your degree is from a university outside the European Union and without a formal Partnership/Learning Agreement with the University of Bayreuth.
For any official document that is not already in German or English, it is required not only a scan of the original but also of an official translation into German or English.
The complete set of documents, in the above order, is to be submitted as a single PDF file which is attached to an e-mail with the subject line "Application for admission - MSc Economics" to the following e-mail address:
For more information please check theCourse Website