- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Summer Semester: April
- Both semesters
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in economics.
Whether the criteria for acceptance into the master's program are met or not will be reviewed on an individual basis prior to the enrollment process.
A minimum requirement concerning the comparability of degrees from European universities is that the combined credits in microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, statistics, and math core courses are at least 35 in the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). For applicants with degrees from universities outside the European Union and without a formal Partnership/Learning Agreement with the University of Bayreuth, it is required similar credits in these core subjects and, in addition, individual GRE General Test Scores in the upper 75th percentiles.
If you have a bachelor’s degree in, say, Business Administration, Management, Commerce, or Banking & Finance and the overlap with a quantitative BSc in Economics consists only of basic microeconomics and macroeconomics, with little calculus involved, then there is no point in applying. If, however, your degree was taught at a high mathematical level (e.g., you know what to do with a probability density function, how to maximize Cobb-Douglas utility subject to a budget constraint, you are familiar with the notion of a transitive preference relation, IS-LM diagrams, OLS regression, etc.) then you should apply.
A final grade of "gut" (2.5 or better in the German grading system).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Can be provided within one year after enrollment.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
In case you want to enroll in the master's program in economics but do not have a German university degree, it is necessary to apply with scans of the following documents:
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements).
- Proof of German language skills (see language requirements).
- Secondary school leaving certificate.
- Proof of previously obtained university degrees and study records (transcripts) which indicate all courses taken and grades obtained.
- Bachelor grading scale issued by your former university.
- Proof of GRE General Test scores in the top 25 % if your degree is from a university outside the European Union and without a formal Partnership/Learning Agreement with the University of Bayreuth.
For any official document that is not already in German or English, it is required not only a scan of the original but also of an official translation into German or English.
For more information please check theCourse Website