International Business Studies
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Applicants must match the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Business Administration, Management, Economics or a related subject, and the respective, individual GPA in this degree.
- Knowledge in business/business administration pertinent to the degree program (at least 30 ECTS).
- Knowledge in statistics/econometrics/mathematics pertinent to the degree program (at least 5 ECTS).
Mandatory abroad experience outside of your home country. Minimum: 3 months.
Bachelor's degree connected to international business with a GPA better than 2.5 in the German grading scale.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
To be enclosed in the application:
- Letter of motivation (1 page).
- Curriculum vitae including passport photo (2 pages max.).
- Certificate of bachelor’s degree (if you have not received your bachelor certificate by the day of application, please send in the most recent transcript of records).
- Transcript of university records. The transcript should clearly state the courses you have taken and the grades you have achieved. Please also attach an explanation of the grading system used if it is not clearly stated in the transcript. Please make sure to mark the courses in the areas of “business/business administration” and “statistics/econometrics/mathematics” in your transcript.
- High school graduation certificate (“international baccalaureate” or “Abitur”) and transcript.
- Certificate of English language proficiency.
- Certificates of further foreign languages spoken, if applicable.
- Proof of experience abroad, e.g. an internship certificate, copy of registration card, scholarship, transcript, etc.
- Applicants must upload and hand in an application video introducing themselves and stating why they are suitable candidates for the MIBS program, in a common format, e.g. MP4. It should not exceed or fall short of the 1 minute and 30 seconds it is requested. The video has to be uploaded on a portal like youtube or similar and the URL has to be provided to the university in CAMPO. Moreover, the video needs to be sent to FAU physically on a USB device or CD/DVD. No exemption can be made here.
- Applicants from China, Vietnam, and Mongolia will have to include APS certification.
Applicants from Germany are required to send in a copy of their degree certificates and transcripts by mail.
Applicants from outside Germany are required to send in certified copies. All required documents must be submitted in German or English. In case your documents were issued in a different language, please have them professionally translated. All translations of the required documents have to be made by an official translator and must bear the signature and stamp of the translator. If the required enclosures are submitted as photocopies, they have to be officially certified copies.
The authenticity of all submitted documents will be examined by the university when the application is received. In case of any counterfeit documents, the application will be disqualified. Also, if you are granted admission, you are required to verify all information given in your application form and photocopied attachments by presenting the original documents upon matriculation (e.g., degree certificate, transcript of university records).
For more information please check theCourse Website