- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Evidence must be submitted of credits in general linguistics, linguistics or specific philology to the extent of at least 60 C, including a total of at least 36 C from the areas of syntax, phonology, morphology, semantics, empiricism (language courses in philological subjects, psycholinguistics and/or corpus-based data acquisition); academic achievement in language practice can be considered as relevant for the MA program up to 12 credits.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least grade A (180 points).
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following application documents are required:
- Bachelor's degree certificate with a transcript of records. If the originals are not in English or German, these documents have to be submitted additionally in the form of certified German or English translations. You may apply for a place in any of the master's programs even if you have not yet fully completed your bachelor's degree. If you fulfill the program requirements, you can be conditionally admitted and you can enroll, even if you have not completed your bachelor's degree. Please note, though, that your bachelor's degree must be completed by November 15 (application for the winter semester) or by May 15 (application for the summer semester). Göttingen students do not have to hand in their bachelor's diplomas separately as the alumni list is kept at the Faculty. However, it is strongly recommended that Göttingen students keep a close eye on the list of grades in FlexNow to make sure that all grades are entered in due time.
- CV in German or English with a meaningful representation of the education.
- If necessary, appropriate documentation to prove specific language skills for the chosen MA program, if special access requirements have been defined (see language requirements).
- If necessary, descriptions of the finished BA courses.
- Placement in a higher semester If you apply for a placement in a higher semester of a master's degree program (with a planned relocation to Göttingen), further documentation of respective studies and/or appropriate credit certificates must be included.
Applications that are received incomplete, not in due form, or past the deadlines are excluded from further proceedings.
For more information please check theCourse Website