Materials Science and Engineering
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the fields of materials science & engineering, physics, or chemistry. A degree in a related discipline might be deemed equivalent by the examination board.
All applicants have to submit proof of having obtained at least 12 ECTS credits in Materials Science, 12 ECTS credits in Physics and 18 ECTS credits from Engineering, Chemistry or Mathematics. To evaluate if you fulfill this requirement, you have to list (including a summary of contents) each lecture course in the evaluation form, which you have to submit as part of your application documents. Note: Applicants who graduated from the University of Augsburg do not have to submit this form.
If, at the time of application, your bachelor’s diploma is not yet available, a current transcript of records must be submitted and the diploma and associated documents submitted within one year of commencing the master’s program.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
All applications are required to contain the following documents:
- Fully completed and signed application form.
- Evaluation form for the required Credit Point Equivalents as mentioned above. Typically one ECTS point correponds to 30 hours of study time, i.e. contact hours plus homework. Note: Applicants who graduated from Augsburg University do not have to submit this form.
- English language certificate (see language requirements).
- GRE-Test (not compulsory) recommended.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Certified copies and certified translations in English or German of:
- 'Final Secondary School certificate' (High School etc.) and (if applicable) 'higher education entrance qualification'.
- Most recent official transcript of your bachelor studies.
- Bachelor certificate or equivalent.
Please restrain from attaching any additional material.
For more information please check theCourse Website