Molecular Biosciences and Productive Biosystems
- Summer semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a scientific field such as biology, biotechnology, or life sciences or in a closely related degree program such as biochemistry or biophysics. Moreover, fundamental knowledge of genetics, molecular biology, and microbiology, as well as sufficient motivation for the degree program is required.
If at the time of application, proof of the first degree qualifying the applicant for a profession is not yet available, the application will be considered under the precondition that 80% of the credit points attainable for the degree have already been achieved based on completed module examinations or the final thesis and the colloquium (if applicable). A certification from the awarding institute of higher education (examination office) serves as proof of the above-mentioned academic achievements.
No minimum GPA.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Your online application - filled in and signed.
- Copy of the higher education entrance qualification (usually Abitur certificate); if available, certificate of the higher education entrance examination (copy of the original and the translation in either German or English).
- Officially certified copy of the original and officially certified translation (German or English) of the degree certificate of the required first university degree. If the first university degree is not yet available: Confirmation from the first university that at least 80% of the work required for the current university degree program has been completed, as well as information on the current average grade for degree programs with entry restrictions (form on the Admissions Office website).
- Certificate of enrolment of the last semester studied, stating the semester of study.
- If you are not yet enrolled at TU Dresden, a certificate of your academic achievements from your previous university stating all courses of study including semesters.
- Copy of passport (for international applicants).
- Original certificate of the Academic Evaluation Centre of the German Embassy (APS) for Chinese and Vietnamese applicants.
Special degree-specific documents:
- A formal application to determine suitability for the consecutive master’s program in Molecular Biosciences and Productive Biosystems in English.
- Module descriptions of relevant modules as well as copies of additional certificates and proof documenting any special suitability, such as proof of degree program-specific vocational training, voluntary internships, or similar activities related to the planned degree program.
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements).
- • Descriptions (or comparable content summaries) of completed coursework that may constitute the prerequisites for participation in the modules ‘Physiological Concepts of Microbe Cultivation,’ ‘Microbial Expression Hosts and Protein Production,’ and ‘Microbial Ecology of Fungi and Protists’
- • A tabular resumé in English with an educational and a career history
- • An informal cover letter in English that convincingly explains the desire to study and the individual’s particular aptitude
- • At least one personalized signed letter of recommendation that justifies the special aptitude of the applicant for the master’s degree in Molecular Biosciences and Productive Biosystems
For more information please check theCourse Website