Optics & Photonics
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, mathematics (with minor in physics), computer science (with minor in mathematics), biology, biotechnology, or biomedical Engineering (with minor in physics).
Profound knowledge in mathematics is mandatory for all applicants.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
If the bachelor's degree has not yet been conferred by the closing date for applications but will be completed before the registration, you can apply with a preliminary transcript of records.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
At the end of your online application you will be asked to print your application documents and send them to the following address:
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
International Student Office
You have to enclose the following documents in English in your printed application*:
- Copy of your bachelor's degree (if the bachelor's degree is not yet available at the closing date for applications but will be completed before the registration, you can apply with a preliminary transcript of records).
- CV in English.
- Letter of motivation (no longer than one page).
- 2 recommendation letters: at least one recommendation letter from a professor of your current university is needed. Please forward this form for recommendation letters to the referees. They need to send the filled out form as a scanned copy via e-mail to the KSOP Office: info-KSOP@idschools.kit.edu
- Proof of English language proficiency (see language requirements).
- Chinese, Mongolian & Vietnamese Applicants: Please insert an APS certificate or hand it in the latest by April 30th.
- Scholarship application: If you can prove excellent study results (top 10% of your batch), you can apply for financial support within the scope of the KSOP Scholarship Program. Please attach the scholarship application to your printed application and send it together with your documents. Please also check the offers of other scholarship providers as the number of scholarships is restricted.
* If your certificates need to be translated into English, please hand in a copy of the certified translation into English. Please only hand in copies of your documents because we are not able to send back the documents to you. Upon enrollment at the KIT, you have to show the original certificates and original translations.
For more information please check theCourse Website