- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Direct access to the master’s degree is given if a bachelor’s degree in physics (acquisition of 180 ECTS points) or in a comparable course or an equivalent domestic or foreign degree (e.g. state examination) as well as the abovementioned skills are proven.
Provisional admission can be granted if at least 150 ECTS points in the bachelor's degree and the abovementioned competencies are proven. In this case, proof of the bachelor’s degree is required by the end of the re-registration period for the 3rd master’s semester.
Admission to the Master’s degree requires proof of competencies in the following areas of physics. These are proven by successfully passed modules in the specified scope.
- Experimental physics: Mechanics, electromagnetism, optics, thermodynamics, atomic u. Molecular physics, solid-state physics, elementary particle physics. At least 24 ECTS.
- Theoretical physics: Theoretical mechanics, quantum mechanics, theoretical electrodynamics, statistical mechanics, thermodynamics. At least 22 ECTS.
- Mathematics: Analysis, linear algebra, differential equations, function theory. At least 22 ECTS.
- Physics internship: Mechanics, thermodynamics, electrics, atomic u. Nuclear physics, optics, computers, and measuring technology. At least 12 ECTS.
- Physical or physically relevant minor subjects: With the exception of general key qualification modules. At least 30 ECTS.
- Thesis: In a sub-area of physics or in interdisciplinary work with physical methods. At least 10 ECTS.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents must be attached to the application:
- Proof of a university degree or equivalent qualification or proof of at least 150 ECTS points or achievements in the corresponding scope for subjects that are not modularized in accordance with the ECTS.
- Coursework and exams achieved (transcript of records).
- In the case of a provisional (applied for conditional access), a list of the coursework and examinations not yet completed must be added.
For more information please check theCourse Website